Join the Legacy: Don’t Miss Shipper Symposium 2016!
Our 14th annual Shipper Symposium is right around the corner (May 9-11) and you definitely don’t want to miss what we have in store this year. After more than a decade, the Shipper Symposium has become a symbol of educational excellence in the transportation industry – and this year will be no exception, featuring world-class speakers, breakout sessions packed with insight and plenty of fun activities along the way.
Some of the not-to-be-missed speakers and sessions this year include:
- Jim Morris, former Major League Baseball player and subject of the movie The Rookie will kick off the conference by sharing his incredible story of starting as a school teacher and becoming a major league pitcher in just three short months.
- “The Evolution of Transportation Technology” breakout session will discuss how to outperform in volatile markets through supply chain software solutions and how to integrate logistics tracking solutions for freight transported by third parties.
- Texas Secretary of State Carlos H. Cascos will present on transportation challenges and cross-border trade with Mexico and why it is important to stay focused on creating a prosperous and safe border.
- “The Preferred Shipper Program” breakout session will explore how a Preferred Shipper Checklist can help companies better understand the best practices for becoming a shipper of choice for their carrier partners.
- “Recent Advances in Expert-Driven Forecasting and Risk Estimations” breakout session will feature Pennsylvania State University Assistant Professor of Supply Chain Management, Dr. Saurabh Bansal, who will focus on recent findings related to managers estimating forecasting and risks, the biases they may be subject to, and the approaches to reduce or mitigate these biases.
- Lora Cecere, Founder and CEO, Supply Chain Insights will look into the future of supply chain management and what it means for process innovation and organizational teams.
- Back by popular demand, Thom Albrecht, CFA, Managing Director, BB&T Capital Markets, will be joined by Transplace CEO Tom Sanderson for an interactive discussion on “Transportation Trends and Industry Insights.”
- In the session “Strategic Advantages of Cross-Border Intermodal Shipping” panelists will explore the great savings and capacity solutions that intermodal offers for many cross-border shippers.
- Mike Song, CEO, GetControl.net, will present “Zip! Tips: The Fastest Way to Get More Done,” and discuss ways to increase personal productivity and time management by managing technology more effectively.
- Streamlining distribution networks and adding efficiency while improving levels of customer service is a major focus for supply chain organizations. The breakout session “Driving ROI through Network Optimization” will discuss the proven methodology, tools and best practices maximizing network efficiencies and meeting customer requirements.
Find other facts about #ShipperSymposium 2016 in the infographic below!
Need to register for Shipper Symposium 2016? Fortunately, there’s still time! Find all of the info here.
You can also keep up with all our Shipper Symposium activities by following us on Twitter – @Transplace – and by using the event hashtag #ShipperSymposium.