Transportation TIP List: Week of October 15th, 2017
With basketball season tipping off this week, baseball coming down the homestretch and football in full force, it’s a thrilling time in the sports atmosphere. It’s also an exciting time in the shipping world – and for this week’s TIP List, we’ve scouted some of the most recent industry trends. From the latest on the ELD mandate to September’s record-breaking freight index – check out the full series of articles below!
- FMCSA Grants Truck Renting and Leasing Association a Limited Five-Year ELD Exemption: In response to a petition filed by the Truck Renting and Leasing Association, the FMCSA announced that all rental trucks in use for eight days or less will be exempt from ELDs.
- DAT Freight Index Hits All-Time High in September: The DAT North American Freight Index achieved record highs in September, with a 9% gain compared to August. Spot freight availability was 74% higher than in September 2016.
- 6 Ways Quality Can Strengthen Supply Chain Profitability: According to a recently published report by Forbes Insights and ASQ, senior executives and quality professionals see a direct connection between the success of their continuous improvement initiatives and the success of their organizations as a whole.
- Trucking Execs Weigh in on Hot Industry Topics: ELDs, marijuana legalization and the driver shortage were a few of the hot-button issues discussed by transportation industry executives at the recent Atlantic Provinces Trucking Association convention.
- Bridging the Gap Between Supply Chain Design and Planning: Today’s rapidly changing business environment requires bimodal supply chains — combining both efficiency and agility. That’s why many supply chain leaders are leveraging a class of technology known as “Analytics Platforms” which bridges enterprise planning systems and advanced analytics tools.
What industry trends are you scouting to stay up-to-date?