From the Archives: A Look Back at Some Top Logistically Speaking Topics
2019 is in full swing, and it’s the perfect time to take a trip back into our Logistically Speaking archives and showcase some of the topics that have been of particular interest to our readers over the past few years. These blogs have stood the test of time, and revisiting older trends is often a helpful way to frame current conversations and further all of our respective industry educations.
Below, you’ll find a list of some of the blogs from the past that we thought deserved a shout-out – let us know which was your favorite, and if there are any new topics you’d like to see here on Logistically Speaking in 2019!
- Transportation Network Optimization: The 3-Legged Stool: How should leading-edge companies view transportation? To start, it’s important to create an ecosystem where transportation becomes a truly strategic weapon and sustainable competitive advantage. The “3-legged stool” of transportation network optimization discussed in this post considers all three core elements of a successful transportation network: price, capacity and service.
- Letter from the CEO: Transplace’s Acquisition of Yusen Logistics’ Intermodal Operations: Last year, we were thrilled to announce our acquisition of Yusen Logistics Americas’ intermodal marketing company/over-the-road freight brokerage group. In today’s challenging marketplace, more shippers are making intermodal a key component of their transportation operations. The acquisition expanded our intermodal and freight brokerage capabilities and better positions us to meet the supply chain needs of our customers near-term and well into the future.
- LinkedIn Supply Chain Influencers to Follow – The Industry’s Lucky Charms: In honor of St. Patrick’s Day 2018, we suggested a few supply chain “lucky charms” for you to follow on LinkedIn. These folks – including experts, analysts and publications – can help supply chain and logistics professionals keep up-to-date on the latest industry happenings, and provide helpful insight into the most important transportation topics of today. Check out the full list and let us know if there are any up-and-coming LinkedIn influencers that you would add!
- How We Put Fresh Talent To Work For Our Customers: It’s no secret that people are what make or break customer relationships. Through our Professional Development Program, a 2-to-3-year rotation allowing participants to take on various transportation and operational roles, we are able to prepare our new employees for delivering the service our customers rely on. Why does this matter? Because not only do we benefit from investing in our own talent to shore up their experience and knowledge base, our customers also benefit by gaining fresh perspectives on their business.
- Succeeding Beyond the RFP – How Shippers and Logistics Providers Can Drive Performance in Their Business Relationship: We’re diving way back into 2015 with this one! To thrive in today’s dynamic supply chain environment, it’s critical to continue challenging the status quo beyond the RFP and to proactively find new ways to drive innovation and optimization. Therefore, a joint commitment to nurture and evolve the shipper-3PL relationship is key. And while there’s no magic formula for creating and sustaining a successful relationship between a shipper and 3PL, there are steps that each can take to put themselves in the best position to promote a long-term, mutually-beneficial relationship.
What recent blog has been your favorite on Logistically Speaking?