2019 Carrier of Choice Excellence Award Winners: Helping Deliver Success to Transplace Customers
Last week, we held our annual Carrier Symposium in Allen, Texas, which brought our carrier partners together for education, collaboration, and appreciation. This year’s event focused on the latest issues impacting the transportation industry, including capacity, ELDs, regulatory changes, and the driver shortage. In addition, attendees had an opportunity to share new insights and discuss ways to improve shipper-carrier relationships through “preferred shipper” and “preferred carrier” initiatives, and how to leverage technology innovations to improve efficiency and real-time freight visibility.
Transplace relies on strong partnerships with over 32,000 transportation carriers in order to overcome ever-changing industry demands and consistently deliver outstanding service to our customers. That’s why we strongly believe in acknowledging exemplary service.
During the event, Transplace honored its 2019 Carrier of Choice Excellence Award Winners, which recognized carriers that have gone above and beyond the call of duty by providing the highest levels of service, embracing our technology for improved visibility, and establishing quality relationships amongst all stakeholders. Specific areas of emphasis in the selection process includes:
- On-time service
- Tender acceptance
- SmartWay score
- Ease of doing business factors such as:
- Customer service
- Accuracy and timeliness of invoicing and status updates
This year, Transplace recognized 25 transportation service providers in the categories of truckload, less-than-truckload (LTL), flatbed, private fleet, dedicated, refrigerated, specialty, expedite and cross-border, Mexico and Canada. Take a look at the full list of winners below!
- National Truckload Carrier of the Year: Contract Freighters, Dart Transit Company
- Regional Truckload Carrier of the Year: Alabama Motor Express, City Dash, French Trucking
- Temperature Controlled Carrier of the Year: Crete Carrier Corporation, Shaffer Trucking
- Bulk Carrier of the Year: Dana Transport
- Flatbed Carrier of the Year: Maverick Transportation
- Private Fleet Carrier of the Year: Poly Trucking
- Truckload Carrier of the Year: TMJ ONE EXPRESS
- Dedicated Fleet Carrier of the Year: Epes Transport System
- Refrigerated LTL Carrier of the Year: Frozen Food Express
- National LTL Carrier of the Year: Old Dominion Freight Lines
- Regional LTL Carrier of the Year: REDDAWAY, Holland Regional Trucking, Averitt Express
- Laredo Domestic Carrier of the Year, Mexico: Texas International Enterprises
- Cross-border Carrier of the Year, Mexico: TUM Logistics Carrier Division, Auto Líneas América
- Cross Dock Carrier of the Year, Mexico: Xpress International
- Temperature Controlled Domestic Carrier of the Year, Canada: Citizen Logistics
- Temperature Controlled Cross-border Carrier of the Year, Canada: S.M. Freight
- Refrigerated Cross-border Carrier of the Year, Canada: 808 Express Inc.
- Dry Van Carrier of the Year, Canada: Shabad Transport
Congratulations to all of the winners, you truly provide best-in-class service to our customers – and thank you to all that attended this year’s Carrier Symposium!
Check out photos from the event here.